Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
poseur
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked about re-lacing Vento to Dura-Ace track hub a while ago. And my master mechanic finally complete it:
Campy Vento rim 16H, Dura-Ace high flange track rear hub 32H, Sapim CX-rays spokes.
Thanks to all the people with suggestions on spokes, and Kerry Iron for the tips on the drive side lacing, I didn't realize that the hub holes are offset. Check out the detailed shot of rear wheel, skip two holes, then use next two, it worked out wonderfully.
Took out yesterday and today. the wheel is solid. Very stiff yet handle potholes better than the old wheel which was 32H 3X, I am guessing this is because of the spokes?
Anyway, enjoy!

·
poseur
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"offset"

joe friday said:
that's a jaw dropper!

BTW, can you elaborate on the 'offset spoke hub holes'? do you mean they are drilled
offset?
Yes, I meant they are drilled offset. So, you can't really simply skip one hole on both side. The center of crossing spoke won't line up with the radial spoke on the other side. If you skip two though, it will.
I have never poked a spoke through a hole before(strictly bike term ;-) so that was some "discovery" for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.