Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Qubeley said:
I asked about re-lacing Vento to Dura-Ace track hub a while ago. And my master mechanic finally complete it:
Campy Vento rim 16H, Dura-Ace high flange track rear hub 32H, Sapim CX-rays spokes.
Thanks to all the people with suggestions on spokes, and Kerry Iron for the tips on the drive side lacing, I didn't realize that the hub holes are offset. Check out the detailed shot of rear wheel, skip two holes, then use next two, it worked out wonderfully.
Took out yesterday and today. the wheel is solid. Very stiff yet handle potholes better than the old wheel which was 32H 3X, I am guessing this is because of the spokes?
Anyway, enjoy!
Wow does that look good. It's a huge improvement over the standard pista

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Dave_Stohler said:
Umm...are you sure you got that right?
Shouldn't your spokes be outside? I'd think that, if I were building a wheel with spokes on only one side of the flange, it would be on the outside, especially on the rear. I once built a radial 'inside-only' front wheel (for aerodynamics), and it was always 'noodly'. I've never made that mistake again.
Question for you wheel builders. I've never built my own so I'll let my ignorance show.

On a track hub is it going to make that big of a difference? The flanges on the Dura Ace track hub are much further apart than a standard road hub re-laced to fixed. I agree that the wheel will be stronger if the spokes are on the outside but even with the spokes on the inside, it's still wider than a standard road hub.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.