Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Ventum Z

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  zipp2001 
#1 ·
Found a Ventum Z in the flesh today (Endurance House Twin Cities)! They look alot better in person than they do in the spy shots/all the other photos currently on the inter-web.

Check it!

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel
Bicycle wheel rim Spoke Bicycle tire Rim Bicycle part
Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport Spoke
Bicycle tire Mode of transport Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle frame
Flowerpot Camera Cameras & optics Video camera Camera accessory
Bicycle accessory Iron Bicycle Metal Brick

See less See more
#3 ·
They didn't cut the fork yet. The spacers are
Moveable depending on fit. The junction box is on top, which is a little annoying. I would have loved to see it tucked away a little more but I think they look cool. Definitely like that they are pushing the envelope and not doing designs that are "standard".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
All the "New Designs" are just updated modern copies of bikes that were designed and built in the early 90's. Thanks to the growth of the tri market more aggressive aero bike designs make pushing the envelope with these bikes possible again.
I've always liked to try new things and have been on a beam bike (Zipp2001) for 23 years, and until you get on one you don't know what your missing.
I checked out all the new designs at Kona and it was like xmas for me.

#6 ·
no further comment

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork Bicycle handlebar

#9 ·
Whatever floats your boat.

Attachments

#12 ·
Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle part
Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle frame

My two Zipp2001's one set up as an ultramarathon bike, and the other as a Single Speed. I have a combined 89,052 miles not counting this years millage. It never gets old throwing my leg over the beam and rolling out a ride.
23 years old and still going strong.

If you check out the Dimond bike it is a modern version of the Zipp2001. Starting to see beam bikes showing up at Tri's that I marshal throughout the summer for Max Performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.