Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the '08 model at the beginning of the month (my first road bike), and I'm approaching 250miles on it. It was remarkably smooth at the LBS when I test-rode it, and now that I've put some more miles on it, it's still very smooth, quiet, and well put-together for what I spent. My only basis of comparison is a friend's 1970's steel frame schwinn, against which the Ventura is much stiffer, but handles higher speeds (30+) more comfortably from my perspective. ...And that's my qualitative view from a road cycling newcomer's perspective.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phyz said:
I purchased the '08 model at the beginning of the month (my first road bike), and I'm approaching 250miles on it. It was remarkably smooth at the LBS when I test-rode it, and now that I've put some more miles on it, it's still very smooth, quiet, and well put-together for what I spent. My only basis of comparison is a friend's 1970's steel frame schwinn, against which the Ventura is much stiffer, but handles higher speeds (30+) more comfortably from my perspective. ...And that's my qualitative view from a road cycling newcomer's perspective.

Well I am an absolute beginner, so that did help. Glad to see I brought you out of lurker mode :thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
i got an 08 ventura race as my first road bike last summer and i love it. it's fast and quiet and a blast to ride. the only caveat: i'm a road bike noob so i don't have much to compare it with. but for $1k w/105 components, it struck me as an xlnt value.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.