Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Frog Whisperer
41,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have nor can I get cable. I do not have satellite nor can I get it. I do not have broadband nor will it be available before the Tour is over. I have not seen as much as a single word mentioned on the news since the Tour started.......this kinda sucks.....I can read about it but can't watch any of it.

· Registered
797 Posts
I got cable... Come on over. Just bring some beer, and we're good.

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,358 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
I do not have nor can I get cable. I do not have satellite nor can I get it. I do not have broadband nor will it be available before the Tour is over. I have not seen as much as a single word mentioned on the news since the Tour started.......this kinda sucks.....I can read about it but can't watch any of it.
There *are* ways of watching live webcast video of it...as well as archived footage, Young Grasshopper :)

· Captain Obvious
11,956 Posts
Room 1201 said:
There *are* ways of watching live webcast video of it...as well as archived footage, Young Grasshopper :)

but he doesn't have broadband. the tour will be finished before he even gets to watch the stages that took place already.

· Frog Whisperer
41,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Room 1201 said:
apparently you missed the "no broadband" thing...you ever tried to watch video on dialup?

edit: yeah...what Tomk said...sorry i hadn't read all the way through yet

· Registered
5,844 Posts
No great loss. The racers are either all dopers, or the TDF/authorities are selectively destroying the careers of certain racers and teams. Take your pick. I am totally disgusted with pro cycling and could care less about it anymore. Dopers have ruined pro cycling for me.

· Frog Whisperer
41,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tarwheel2 said:
No great loss. The racers are either all dopers, or the TDF/authorities are selectively destroying the careers of certain racers and teams. Take your pick. I am totally disgusted with pro cycling and could care less about it anymore. Dopers have ruined pro cycling for me.
yeah but watching pro cyclists flying around on nice bikes....abusing themselves and others with the sound turned down and the stereo turned up sounds like a good time to me....it is raining ...I have work ...so I can't ride

· Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
tarwheel2 said:
It still beats Nascar and resslin' and you get to see Hinault tossing a protester off of the stage!

Bravo Badger!

· Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
Dude, maybe you forgot that piracy is still very common in our times.

*cough* youtube *cough*

· Frog Whisperer
41,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CleavesF said:
Dude, maybe you forgot that piracy is still very common in our times.

*cough* youtube *cough*
apparently you have never used a 56K modem

· Review RoadBike Member
1,561 Posts
please explain your situation more, how or why are none of the big three outlets (cable, Satellite, broadband) not availible to you? If it is financial, I understand. If it is because you live so friggin far out in the boondocks, thats a bummer. either way, you could always go into town and hit the local pub that has VS. channel.

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,358 Posts
jpelaston said:
please explain your situation more, how or why are none of the big three outlets (cable, Satellite, broadband) not availible to you? If it is financial, I understand. If it is because you live so friggin far out in the boondocks, thats a bummer. either way, you could always go into town and hit the local pub that has VS. channel.
I'd wager it has something to do with most of Iowa being under water right now....I'd wager....

· Frog Whisperer
41,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no I'm not in Iowa....thank you very much...lol
I'm in WI and I live in the boonies....and to top that off, live smack dab in the middle of 40 acres of woods....Cable....yeah, like they are coming out here..NEVER.....Satellite, you need a clear shot of the low-southern sky....not happening, wireless.....too far and too many trees even for 900 mHZ...dsl was SUPPOSED to be done by May 5, but it's still not cut in or tested yet even though the hardware is in on their side....The closest bar that would be amicable to flipping the Tour on would be in Madison....50 mile round trip....I could go over to my mom's but.......still a 40 mile round trip

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.