Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all, i dont live in the states...LBS around here(costa rica) dont have road bikes in stock , they sell used bikes and always try to get you building to sell you the parts.

i have raised the money to buy, but im trying to figure out the way to go.

ill be visiting in the states om july and im very anxious to look at the options.

i was looking online at some bikes and mostly some stores near the area im visiting, ft collins CO.
i was looking at the trek 2.1 (i really like the colors) and the 2.3 for better parts.

My friend that just went there got a synapse 7(2008 i think) for around $720 so i guess a synapse 7might as well be less than msrp

looking at REI website i noticed the synapse 5 http://www.rei.com/product/780447
and CAAD9 bikes and im looking forward to get one . my budget can go up to 1200$ and i dont really need a 2010 bike ill be happy enough with a bike with 105 group and some nice wheels /frame, i would like to start using the bike in the states, but i might as well purchase the build kit and build here since labor here is WAY cheaper.

Im digging this up in this forum any guidance and recommendations are welcome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
of course ive been googling, yahooing and altavistoing all over.

as some may know these bikes arent "available" online they cant be picked up in stores buying from REI and they dont have all the models.

i thinking about getting a synapse 7 on REI $1249 with a %15 discount.
at that price it seems thats the deal im looking for , but then again i have 3 months till i get my hands on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
its all good , i can take the parts even rims with me and ill be sending the frameset via courier , its all good considering the same bike costs like $1900 here(you can order it at the lbs , they ask the distributor , then he asks the factory then like 4 months later you might get it) ive checked the airline for the transport and it seems that its like $50 but i am more concerned about damage on the airline w/o insurance than the price of the courier (about $90).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.