Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very lightly used 2011 Scott CR1 Pro vs new 2013 Specialized Tarmac Sport

I have the opportunity to acquire either of these bikes at around the same exact price. I am a relatively new rider and am looking for something that I can really take hard around the corners as well as fast riding.

Wondering which you would go with if you had the chance?

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
If the Scott was in good shape, I would do Scott because its got the best group choices (Ultegra across the board) and better wheels. Specialized has a mix of components starting from 105 and going downwards. They are cutting corners in component selection anyway they can.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If the Scott was in good shape, I would do Scott because its got the best group choices (Ultegra across the board) and better wheels. Specialized has a mix of components starting from 105 and going downwards. They are cutting corners in component selection anyway they can.
If "new" means never ridden or used, plus a warranty, I'd most definitely go with the Tarmac!

That's only because, I'd be very skeptical about purchasing a used CF bike from a complete stranger. If I knew for certain that the Scott was in perfect condition, I'd go with the Scott PRO.

If you don't get a warranty with either one, and the "new" Tarmac is really in fact slightly used, then its the Scott PRO for sure!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
get a fitting and buy the one that fits best. I believe that the CR1 is a bit more relaxed with a taller head tube. I would love a Merckx bike but will probably never buy one because their geometry has never been good for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.