Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Is "No punch backs"....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I has a family dilemma at hand here concerning the rules and etiquette of Punch Buggy. Specifically, whether or not "No punch backs" is implied and unnecessary or whether calling "no punch backs" is an integral part of the game.

Hep me Lounge, hep me!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Must be called. Idjuct. Sheesh. Noobsaucenheimer.

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
This poale is full of FAIL.

It's called PUNCH BUG and who the hell plays where no punch backs are implied?

There is also the "safety" variation. HTH.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
D'uh...must be called....no impications.

Len

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
Punchbuggybluenopunchbacks!!!

That's how the sentence should sound. I got really good at spotting and calling them, during a period of my childhood. Then I did a semester in London during my junior year of college and on our first day walking around had an absolute field day with the number of vwbugs we passed. i wasn't even punching my companions, I was just calling them. Apparently it got old.

Oh, and there is some debate over whether the new beetles count as punchbuggies.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
I must have had a deprived childhood. I have no f'n clue what you all are talking about.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Andrea138 said:
No, there isn't. They aren't.
I agree with this but for the sheer enjoyment I get out of seeing my wife and daughter duke it out in the car... we count both. :D

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're all awesome. I knew the Lounge wouldn't fale me!

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
You're all wrong so far (except Snap, who apparently lives in a vacuum. :) )

For one, it's called "Slug Bug."

For two, no punch backs are implied. That's the point of finding the slug bug...the fact that you can punch someone without repercussion.

Moreons...

·
Shrewdest Unit Mover
1,483 Posts
lemonlime said:

For two, no punch backs are implied. That's the point of finding the slug bug...the fact that you can punch someone without repercussion.

Moreons...
definitely known as Slug Bug.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
lemonlime said:

Moreons...

Just beat me too it. The term is slug bug. And the rule for punch backs is as follows: You must call out slug bug! and the color of the VW and then no punch backs. You cannot call no punch backs before sighting the car and no punch backs only applies against the person you slugged and not against other occupants of the car, unless you're a pansy. :)

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
lemonlime said:

Moreons...
Preach it, brother.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
We used to play PB = 1, PB convertible = 5, Van = 10 and Van with teh tirez on teh front = 20. Never played implied, though.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
lemonlime said:

Moreons...

whew.......at least ONE other person knows the truth

1 - 20 of 46 Posts