Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Why was he standing and cranking away? Id be scared to do that on cobbles. I don't remember now, but I don't think I've seen anyone standing while riding over the cobbles like that. They are usually seated and powering over them. Can't wait till Sunday. :)

·
your text here
13,195 Posts
looks to me like he was just out of the saddle stretching his legs. i know that when i get a bit "whippish" with my form, which is what apperas happened there. probably got his wheel wedged like rr tracks.

the problem is they werent going too fast. probably felt a lot of blunt force on that elbow. could be a good reminder for him that sunday is not sewn up.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Doesn't look like he caught his tire on anything ... more of a slip off the side of one while out of the saddle. They were moving at a good clip, but not fast enough to do what looks like major damage. Wearing lots of layers probably kept off most of the road rash as well.

Likely just a few bruises that will clear up by Sunday.

With that said ... He is experienced enough to know better ... as has been said, maybe a good wake up call for him, or possibly an Omen of what's to come, crashing on Wednesday in a race, then on Thursday during recon of the course ... I'd still put my money on him to win, but might look elsewhere for a winner.

I'm rooting for Phinney though ... he's really still a couple years off, but I'd love to see him sneak in for a win here :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.