Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/girls:

It's been a while since I last posted a video here. I've been playing around with some video ideas lately and thought you might want some crazy heavy traffic footage.

Be safe out there... ... do as I say; not as I do.

Incriminating evidence here: (right click "save target as") (68MB)

http://www.phattire.net/video/phattire.netrushhour.wmv

Have a nice Easter everybody,
Arby.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
Pretty cool stuff.

You need some flat rat footage in there. LOL

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I recently upgraded my computer.

It gave me enough room to download and watch videos. This is the first one of yours I have seen.

First of all let me say that I think I am going to lose my breakfast.....I ride like that all the time but seeing it from that point of view was very strange and disorienting.

Second let me say WOW WOW WOW!!!

HOT STUFF!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

I kind of whipped this video together this morning before I left for work. I shot the footage yesterday on the ride home from work. I'm working on a short film that's got to be submitted by April 27th so I've been taking random footage of... basically everything I do lately, thinking I might be able to use it in my short. Just thought I'd make a Video Friday out of this stuff.

Glad you liked it!

Arby.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Rode by Arby's place last night

[Be safe out there... ... do as I say; not as I do.
NT][/QUOTE]

But, he was not home. Now I know what he was up to.

I always enjoy riding with Arby -- in the country. Whenever I have ridden with Arby in the city, I have feared for my life and his. If you ever have chased a mouse in your house and seen it squeeze through a crack that seems impossible for anything to pass through, you will have some idea of what it is like to watch Arby ride in urban traffic. There is a break in the video at 5:27, a block before my office and the video resumes about a block after my office. The footage between 5:29 and 6:40 is the very first part of my evening commute. It usually takes me about twice as long to ride the stretch as it took Arby.

How do you like the cobbles at 6:08-6:17? It's not the Forest of Arenberg. But, everytime I ride over them I think of the Spring Classics.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
"Rendezvous" on a Bike

Wild!

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Arby said:
Mark,

You should have stopped in Holy Frijoles! We were up there enjoying a fajita!

Arby
You should have yelled something when I rode by Holy Frijoles last night on my way home. After all, I haven't had the chance to congratulate Tasha and you in person since you released the news of your engagement on your blog. I guess that you just didn't recognize my new Ronde Van Vlaanderen jersey. Or, maybe I just was riding as fast as Tom Boonen and you just did not see me ride by. LOL.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
MarkS said:
You should have yelled something when I rode by Holy Frijoles last night on my way home. After all, I haven't had the chance to congratulate Tasha and you in person since you released the news of your engagement on your blog. I guess that you just didn't recognize my new Ronde Van Vlaanderen jersey. Or, maybe I just was riding as fast as Tom Boonen and you just did not see me ride by. LOL.
Actually, the last time we were at Holy Frijoles, we did see you ride by and I ran out to try to flag you down, but you were too far down 36th St. by the time I was outside. You should meet us there sometime soon though!

Try to swing by my place next week sometime, we need to catch up; I want to hear how your trip across the pond went.

Incidentally; I should mention that my speediness seen in the video is powered by strict adherance to my BK diet... (today's receipt)

Arby

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Meat on Good Friday!

Arby said:
Incidentally; I should mention that my speediness seen in the video is powered by strict adherance to my BK diet... (today's receipt)

Arby
As a former altar boy, you should know that meat is forbidden on Good Friday, a day of abstinence and fasting. http://cathedralofmary.org/parish/sacraments/LENT.htm Since I had a crabcake for lunch, I won't roast in hell for my diet today -- that is until I eat dinner. Now, if you had a cholesterol history like mine, even if you were an atheist, four whoppers jr. with extra mayo would be out of the question.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
That was fantastic. I loved the bit near the end where you are on cobbles or bricks and then hop onto a sidewalk and back to the road. The image is just jumping all over and it gives a sense of bouncing around. Very cool. Be safe you know. Great stuff.

·
C 1/5
609 Posts
I thought you were going to blow through that light until the police car showed up - you turned right instead. I was thinking "...oh this is interesting ...is he going to pop that light with the cop turning?" That would have been a nice piece of film work.

Great job. Nice video.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Super video!

That was great! When you shot that were you on your Pista? And do you want to share a picture of the video mount? I am assuming it was on the handle bars. Right?
Thanks for sharing
MN Dan

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Arby,
Great stuff. I keep sucking in my breathe when you squeeze though the particularly tight spots.
The quality of your videos is amazing; it's really cool to see how your vids continue to improve.

S

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ah! Arby there you are at last!

So thats how its done without getting Flattened!
Good stuff again Arby -was wondering where you'd got yourself to.
Did you ever get that Irish vacation in the end?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, yeah, I will post a picture of my ultra-mega-super high tech - on loan from NASA- camera mounting technology (duct tape) when I return to Baltimore. Right now I'm up in Syracuse, NY for Easter weekend. Have a good one!

Arby

1 - 19 of 19 Posts