Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've talked my wife into a bike trip in Vietnam this winter. REI triggered our interest but we've done other REI trips and (1) they hire local guides and (2) the REI markup is considerable. On the other hand, we know what we're getting.

Can anybody else make a suggestion about touring companies? (fully supported and hotels. my wife won't camp any more. She say that nothing makes a woman look her age more than camping. Her words, not mine.)

Thanks.

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Dumbod said:
I
Can anybody else make a suggestion about touring companies? (
Thanks.
You might want to try www.spiceroads.com They are based in Thailand. I have been thinking of doing their Bhutan trip, but am not going to be able to fit it in this year. I cannot speak from personal knowledge, mind you. They look experienced and sent me quite a bit of useful information, but who knows from a website.

· Registered
5,555 Posts
I can't help with tour companies, but great choice! I spent three weeks in Vietnam about ten years ago and it was amazing. Great place for a bike tour. Sadly, the only bike riding I did was when I convinced a pedicab driver to switch places with me in Hanoi.

Just make sure to figure out the anti-malaria drugs. They were pretty nasty ten years ago but I heard they have something better now. I'd love to go back...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.