Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Does that mean the entire team is going to get the teal?? (or whatever hideous color it is) kit? I don't know if that is better or worse than having another blue team in peloton.

Dave

·
Registered
467 Posts
DriftlessDB said:
Does that mean the entire team is going to get the teal?? (or whatever hideous color it is) kit? I don't know if that is better or worse than having another blue team in peloton.

Dave
I may be wrong but I don't think their backing of the team has anything to do with the national champ colors.I think they are backing Vino and his team because they want to see him do well since he is a hero in that country.

Which,by the way,I think is awsome that these guys pulled through for Vino like this. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Snipped from the Velonews article:

"A consortium of five of Kazakhstan's largest companies will immediately take over as title sponsor, and the team will ride under the name Astaná-Würth, likely debuting its new colors at the Dauphiné Libéré beginning Sunday in France. Astaná is the name of the Kazakh capital."

Why not use the Kazakh national colors for a team named after the capital city?

BTW - I think it is great that Vino's supporters believe in him enough to put the money up with all of the rumor and speculation surrounding the team, let's hope it's enough to keep them in the tour.

Dave

G

·
DriftlessDB said:

Dave
ROTFLMAO!!

I hope the ASO let's the team race, Vino's not afraid to make everyone actually race :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.