Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not only has Astana-Wurth arrived at their hotel in Strasbourg and unpacked their bags, but the UCI did a suprise urine test on Vino last night (Wednesday). If they really thought he was out, would they have done that?

Per Vino: "I have confidence in the CAS, and hope to be at the start on Saturday".

I guess we'll know tomorrow (Friday) when CAS hands down a ruling.

My feeling? Let them ride!

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
ChilliConCarnage said:
Not only has Astana-Wurth arrived at their hotel in Strasbourg and unpacked their bags, but the UCI did a suprise urine test on Vino last night (Wednesday). If they really thought he was out, would they have done that?

Per Vino: "I have confidence in the CAS, and hope to be at the start on Saturday".

I guess we'll know tomorrow (Friday) when CAS hands down a ruling.

My feeling? Let them ride!
The UCI is apparently dependent on the CAS ruling, so maybe they were just looking to get rid of him another way if the ruling doesn't come down in the UCI's favor. Although does the UCI conduct the doping tests or WADA? I don't know. I would think the UCI is on Vino's side or else they would have let ASO kick Astana out like they would liked to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.