Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a vintage Apollo Road Bike 12 speed made by Ross in a garage sale for $80. Still in decent condition with very little scratches. Wheels and tires need replacement but gears seem fine. Anyone out there know anything about these bikes? Ross bicycle company? Like to find out what year it was made. Thanks for any info in advance.

TheDarkAce

· Registered
549 Posts
My parents bought me one in the late 70s or early 80s. Mine was silver with maroon trim. There was apparently a very short period when Ross had some serious bikes but I forget the designer and time period(it was very short). It was either before or after mine.
Any pics? For collectors safety brake levers, one piece cranks, and spoke / sprocket protectors are all indicators of lower level bikes and not a "lightweight racer".
I give a second look to them as it was my first 10 speed and as I might find the illusive lightweight they allegedly made but all I have ever seen out there was junk as Dave said.
Save gas and ride it until it dies or is stolen in the hood!
JMO
Dave
KC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.