Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any idea year of mfg on this bike?

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk
This is the smoothest, fastest, bike i've ever rode. It's better than bianchi, giant, trek, specialized, raleigh, jamis and more... Pure Quality,... Only one in the world i've seen online with shimano components...

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
funny thread. i can tell the op has a lot of experience with high-end steel.

btw, the 1988 rb-1 was 23 lbs.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
No ... its a guaranteed world's finest bicycle precision mechanism. Says so right on the frame.
like panasonic, fuji and miyata, bridgestone made some great bikes. unfortunately, the op's wasn't one of them.

sheldon has the catalogues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jealousy is bad... It's a 72, and only one of you guys know what i'm talking about... End of Discussion...

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
this has to be a prank thread.

no knowledgeable person could see this boat anchor POS as a 'quality' bike...

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
It's actually pretty lite for it's age... Feels about 20+ish....

That bike is no where near 20 lbs. In the early 1990's, a 20 lbs bike was gee-whiz light. I have a 1996 Eddy Merckx steel bike that weighs 20 lbs. Its made of deda zero uno steel tubes, has a carbon fork, modern 11-speed components and 1600 gram set of wheels. Yeah that bike is 20++++++lbs on a good day. I'd bet closer to the low 30's.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Interesting to see some of these surface. The amount of steel on that bike would make it moderately heavy feeling.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
The amount of steel on that bike would make it moderately heavy feeling.
"moderately"?

steel crank, steel derailleurs ... i bet the bars are steel, too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the smoothest, fastest, bike i've ever rode. It's better than bianchi, giant, trek, specialized, raleigh, jamis and more... Pure Quality,... Only one in the world i've seen online with shimano components...

I have a 90' Bridgestone RB1 and to this day it accelerates just as fast as my Giant Advanced SL1.
It's equipped with Suntour Superbe. 1990 Bridgstone Synergy RB1 - PaceLinebikes

1 - 20 of 22 Posts