Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, yeah, this isn't a high-end, chi-chi vintage road bike, but I sure found her in great shape. I found some scant info on her on the internet, but wish I could find more. She's a Centurion Signet, supposedly somewhere in the middle between low- and high-end in the Centurion chain back in the day.

I found her in a Goodwill Thrift Store and had to buy her: $24.50. I sprayed on a little degreaser and this is how she came out looking.

Anyone own a Centurion that dates back to about the same time as this model? I read that she was considered a touring/triathalon model.

Thanks for any info you might have.

Schwinner

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,257 Posts
It looks to me like an Early '70's "Around Campus" bike: complete with suicide...err...safety levers and stem-mounted emasculator shifters. In this day and age, it is the quintessential coffee bike. As for the condition, wow. Talk about a closet classic! Gorgeous. As far as I can tell from the pictures, it even has the foam handlebar grips!

·
Registered
1 Posts
beautiful bike.
I just got a Signet which is my new project bike. Had to completely strip it, repaint frame and start over from the beginning. Nice find - amazing condition.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
There's something appealing about an old cheap bike in good shape. It's a great little window on the past, and man, it's still a better bike than 99% of the low-end crap out there today.

Nice find- go get it dirty!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got one

Yea, got one myself- picked it up from a friend for fifty bucks. I couldn't figure out how to view the attachment you had . .
Yeah, yeah, this isn't a high-end, chi-chi vintage road bike, but I sure found her in great shape. I found some scant info on her on the internet, but wish I could find more. She's a Centurion Signet, supposedly somewhere in the middle between low- and high-end in the Centurion chain back in the day.

I found her in a Goodwill Thrift Store and had to buy her: $24.50. I sprayed on a little degreaser and this is how she came out looking.

Anyone own a Centurion that dates back to about the same time as this model? I read that she was considered a touring/triathalon model.

Thanks for any info you might have.

Schwinner

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts