Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my fitting for my custom steel frameset this am with Ted Wojick in NH. Great guy and beautiful bikes in his shop. He's back up and running full time again and sounds like he's been pretty busy with new orders. These photos are of his personal build that he did this winter, sweet looking lugged frameset with campy chorus. Bike looks and feels absolutely amazing. Enjoy. Now I just have to wait for my frameset....

·
Registered
75 Posts
bikerboy337 said:
So I had my fitting for my custom steel frameset this am with Ted Wojick in NH. Great guy and beautiful bikes in his shop. He's back up and running full time again and sounds like he's been pretty busy with new orders. These photos are of his personal build that he did this winter, sweet looking lugged frameset with campy chorus. Bike looks and feels absolutely amazing. Enjoy. Now I just have to wait for my frameset....
OK, I understand the coolness of retro style steel bikes and all.

But can't it at least come with a threadless headset?

Otherwise ya might as well just re-paint some 20 year old classic......

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
:D WOW! :D

That is awesome. That looks like a high quality bicycle. You must enjoy discussing your bike with the builder and seeing how he works etc. I hope that you enjoy your new bike when it's finished.

Have you decided on a color? I'm a big fan of lugs in lighter colors, like this one. Post a Pic when you get yours.

Thanks,
Tshirt

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wojcik

I'm not going lugged... too expensive for one.... going with a candy reddish color i think, might get a red to black fade though... still trying to figure it out... say a maroon candy he had (mtn frame) and it was amazing outside.... his welds are amazing, can't even see them... was great talkin, figuring geometry, components, everything about the bike... still have to pick a bunch of stuff, but he'll be getting a cadd of my frame in the next little while then i'll confirm fork, components, colors etc.... was truly great to talk with him and hear how much experience he has (been doing this for 25 years now)...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wojcik

He's in Hampstead... about 40 minutes north of boston... it was a 2 hr drive for me from western mass.... the website is just getting built, so not a ton of info as of yet, but its getting there. he's great to talk to and will answer all questions... he's got a sweet looking dualie that he's been designing for a couple of years, and they're really popular with the mtn bikers in the area... his frames are absolutely beautiful though... my road frame should weigh in at around 3lbs...

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Those look like braze-ons for a rack. It's hard to tell, but it looks like there are bolts on the dropouts too. Look how low the brake pads are..and the eyelets on the fork..looks like room for fenders. And yes, keep the threaded stem.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What a coincidence!

I just bought a lightly used Wojcik cross bike. Got it this week; first ride was today on frozen gravel, mud, and patches of snow. Had a great time. I've never had a cross bike, and I think I'm going to love this one.

The bike looks extremely well made. Clean welds, nice paint job.

Enjoy yours.

And PS don't listen to any crap about wanting to have a threadless headset. It's a bunch of bull. Get a nice looking quill like on the picture above.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
That's a great looking bike. I had a custom frame with Nervex lugs.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
swap the quill stem out!!

for a more retro quill.

does anyone know how lugs like that are made? does Ted hand make them(guessing yes)? or are they purchased? please give details if handmade. I couldn't find info on his site. But I did see that the frame pictured is a limited edition of 10 and is $2500 for the frame/fork. that is one phat ride.

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
bg. said:
OK, I understand the coolness of retro style steel bikes and all.

But can't it at least come with a threadless headset?

Otherwise ya might as well just re-paint some 20 year old classic......
bg is missing the point.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd email or call him

He's pretty great about getting in touch and giving info, so if you email or call his shop i'm sure he'd get back in touch with you... sounds like the lugged frames take quite a bit longer than a regular tig welded frameset which is why i think he is limiting the number, he does all the work himself, its a one man shop, so everything from fitting, discussion, to ordering, to cutting tubes, welding, priming, painting, etc... the lugs were absolutely eautiful, he showed me a box of old lugs he had collected, some from the 70's some that he had cut, a nice stainless one that would look great polished up...

Friction_Shifter said:
for a more retro quill.

does anyone know how lugs like that are made? does Ted hand make them(guessing yes)? or are they purchased? please give details if handmade. I couldn't find info on his site. But I did see that the frame pictured is a limited edition of 10 and is $2500 for the frame/fork. that is one phat ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts