Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
If you have a healthy, diverse diet you really don't need to take any extra vitamins, unless you get some sorta rush from flushing your hard earned money down the toilet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BuckeyeBiker said:
If you have a healthy, diverse diet you really don't need to take any extra vitamins, unless you get some sorta rush from flushing your hard earned money down the toilet.
my friends say i'm flushing my money down the toilet spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on bikes and bike parts :D

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,787 Posts
I take the Rainbow Light Women's One. Pretty sure they make a men's version, too. I like them because they're vegetarian and don't contain gelatin.

I'm more than happy to pay $26.99 every 150 days to ensure good health rather than nit pick over every piece of food I eat to ensure I'm getting enough of each vitamin and mineral. Life is too short and I'm fortunate enough not to be hurting for cash. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
BuckeyeBiker said:
The ones that come in real foods.
You're right, to an extent.

A daily multivitamin, however, helps to make up for any deficiencies. In some cases, fruits and vegetables today have less nutrients than they did 50 years ago, because of more nutrient-sparse soil and the use of pesticides. Not to say one shouldn't eat real food, but even real foods may leave one with less nutrients than necessary - especially athletes.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
This is true.

There are also genetically modified crops, like corn and rice for example, that have been modified to include nutrients typically lacking in diets of people who rely heavily on those crops. Vitamin A is one such nutrient that's been added to certain strains of rice to prevent Vitamin A deficiencies in rice-based societies, which tend to have higher prevalenace of disease manifested through Vitamin A deficiency.

Not sayin' this is good or bad, just sayin'.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
I'm cheap...

I buy Berkley & Jenson (BJ's wholesale generic equivalent of GNC's mega men) plus some extra C, E, fish oil, and glucosamine/condroitin. I swear to dawg I feel less soreness in my joints when I take the gc. And what von said; vitamins aren't going to break me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.