Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

When you read the instruction sheet for the Eurus wheels, they mention that the operating pressure for the wheel is 113 lb for a 23 tyre. The Vittoria Diamante Pro has a recommended pressure ranging from 100 to 180 lb so what do I do?

Can you go over the operating pressure recommended for the wheel?

Thanks.

· Registered
359 Posts
Just a guess. I would think the wheel spec is a recommended figure and the tire figure, of course, is a range maxing at 180. 180 would be way, way, way too much pressure for the average rider but 113 psi sounds pretty good. I generally put 110 in the back and 95 in the front. Looks like everything is nice and compatible. I'm sure the wheel can handle more pressure but, unless you are very heavy, there wouldn't be any reason to put more.

· Registered
21,834 Posts
What's the issue?

iproxy said:
When you read the instruction sheet for the Eurus wheels, they mention that the operating pressure for the wheel is 113 lb for a 23 tyre. The Vittoria Diamante Pro has a recommended pressure ranging from 100 to 180 lb so what do I do? Can you go over the operating pressure recommended for the wheel?
People go over the operating pressure of rims all the time - it won't result in immediate failure. The question is, why do you feel the need to do it? Do a search, either on this board or on the web, on tire pressure, and you will find that the smart money is on pressures in the 90-110 psi range. On the track or on VERY smooth roads, higher pressures make sense. Otherwise, it results in poor handling, loss of comfort, more rapid tire wear, and possibly HIGHER rolling resistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.