Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a couple of hours behind watching via Tivo, but I can't believe how well Voight went on the Tourmalet! Holy smokes, he must be absolutely redlined and in a world of pain :eek:

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Yeah he looked like he was hurting, but it's the best of all possible worlds when Jens can hurt himself AND the top GC guys all at the same time. He like the pain, mmm hmm.

Not bad when you can shell guys like he did.

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
at equal wattage

for every 10 lbs on grades that steep the heavier rider loses around 260 ft per mile

Jens outweighs Cunego and Valverde by at least 30lbs, that's almost 800 ft amile loss at equal wattage

Jens dumped them both, what does thatsay about Jens' power output.

if I was a flyweight climber who got shelled today I'd ride up to him on Tuesday and say "I'm not fit to ride in your shadow"

·
Registered
370 Posts
Jens rocks. He's playing domestique for SAstre on the tour, fair enough, but he's won the Tour of Deutschland on his own before. He's a legend.

If you can, watch the DVD "Overcoming". Good movie about the CSC team on the Tour (2003 or 2004, cant remember). You got to take your hat off to Voigt after watching what he does and says

cheers

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Plus, he's about the most sportsmanlike guy in the peleton, as evidenced by the TdF stage a few years where he refused to contest the sprint because the other guy in the break had done all the work. And this even while his DS was telling him to take the easy win. Far and away my favorite rider.

Also, check the story at the end of this entry of David Millar's diary:

http://www.slipstreamsports.com/2008/07/06/the-electricity-of-the-tour

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
harlond said:
Plus, he's about the most sportsmanlike guy in the peleton, as evidenced by the TdF stage a few years where he refused to contest the sprint because the other guy in the break had done all the work. And this even while his DS was telling him to take the easy win. Far and away my favorite rider.

Also, check the story at the end of this entry of David Millar's diary:

http://www.slipstreamsports.com/2008/07/06/the-electricity-of-the-tour
Thanks for the link, great stuff!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.