Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was livestreamed by USA Cycling today on youtube.

The entire broadcast is available for replay as well

Here is the schedule from the broadcast (to help find the races in the 4hr video)

9 a.m. – Junior men 17-18
10 a.m. – U23 women
11:30 a.m. – U23 men
1:15 p.m. – Elite women
3 p.m. – Elite men

I haven't had a chance to watch all of it yet, but I caught the U23 Men earlier, and the finish was pretty exciting!

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,946 Posts
So...evidently a snowblower or snowplow hosed USACyclings streaming equipment lastnight/this morning....So the juniors and U23 gals barely got any air time

From what I could watch some great racing. The Elite Men's finale in particular was amazing. Also a few not-even-close finishes. Granted the same happened in the Belgium championships today as well.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder how many national championship level races have ever been won by a rider whose bike had a broken derailleur hanger AND a flat front tire when he crossed the finish line? That's crazy!

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,946 Posts
I wonder how many national championship level races have ever been won by a rider whose bike had a broken derailleur hanger AND a flat front tire when he crossed the finish line? That's crazy!

LOL....granted it is just one of those things....but raising your bike in team colors with broken RD hanger and flat tire isn't exactly a glowing endorsement to your fans :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Having the bikes get through the full race in those conditions is testament enough.
At least all the break line-freezing issues having finally been smoothed out!
Crazy finish though, to what was a decent race to watch. I give USAC props for upping their videocast game, but it's still not great, with huge sections of the course uncovered.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure if you heard, but some of their equipment was damaged by a snow blower the night before.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I did hear something about that, but even with the cameras they had they were still making bad production choices (sitting on back riders too long, not staying at the finish long enough on each lap, etc.). I know we're spoiled because we get to watch the Euro racing coverage, which is for national TV over there, and their production budget is exponentially what USAC has. I just thought they could have done a better job with what they had available. It was great to have Georgia and Tim in the booth though. I enjoyed that. And again, I'll reiterate that they are doing better and better each year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts