Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Which new name do you like best?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, thanks everyone for the input.

I've narrowed it down to the top choices.

Please vote for your favorite. Poll is public and we will be able to see who voted for what.

Thx.

-g

(for the record, I personally like kpcw's "Biker's Babble", except when I hear Biker, I think Hog Rider in leather chaps and full scruff beard.)

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Gregg:

How come there is not a vote for "No change"........I suspect that that might win. (I certainly would like to know that)

Len

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Len J said:
How come there is not a vote for "No change"........I suspect that that might win. (I certainly would like to know that)

Len
I second that, why no option for no change?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
The guy hires a consultant for big bucks to improve the place....

Len J said:

Len
.....and you old time hands want things to be they way they always were.

I bet you ride a fixte. ;)

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
HeLL, I already voted. Given my druthers, I'd go with no change though.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
So no pimps and hoes then. :(

·
Super Moderator
19,477 Posts
MB1 said:
.....and you old time hands want things to be they way they always were.

I bet you ride a fixte. ;)
*sigh* OK I voted. Still want no change though.

And I'd ride a fixie if I could ever get offa my butt and get one. :p

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Intentionally left that choice off.

A large reason for the change, is for the people who are not in here, yet.

We want the more descriptive name to be apparent to "outsiders"/lurkers, so they can recongize what this forum is about more readily. We want to invite more people to come in, and participate in this forum. Trying to "open it up", if you will.

So, a lot of people who will be affected by this change, are not here to vote. But it is our hope that with a broader/more welcoming name, more people will be drawn in.

We will still include NCD in the tag line for the forum. For example:
"The Diner"
"-Cycling and Non-Cycling Discussions on issues/events/news in a social setting"

-g

(right about now, I'm glad I went to the NCD SD Gathering BEFORE changing the name in here....ulpp!)

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Anything but "Passion."

I vote for no change.

Or just swap some letters and call it "CND" instead of "NCD" (Chuck Norris Discussion).

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
snapdragen said:
HeLL, I already voted. Given my druthers, I'd go with no change though.
Drat! Same here. Would have taken no change if it were an option.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
...another "no change" partisan here. Once again, we're seeing a "fix" to something that ain't broke.

Given the meager choices, the only possible one is The Diner, since Passion conjures up images of polyester leisure suits and gold chains (don't ask me why), and The Lounge is out, since I don't drink....

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
il sogno said:
And Passion is a little too close to that Mel Gibson movie for me.
For some reason I read "pimps and hoes" instead of "passion" in your post. :rolleyes: Am I going to hell now? Anyway I really don't give a toss what NCD is called as long as I can still find it but given the three choices I think the Lounge sounds best. AHAICBRN.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Passion is bad. I haven't been over to mtbreview.com in a while but Passion was where I got my fix over there. This here ain't the same. Still good and all. Just not the same.

NCD is just an everlasting Sienfled episode. What was the name of their diner? Perhaps that ...

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
I prefer no change, but voted for the Lounge. It kind of offers a comfy-cosy feeling to the forum. What do I know...I'm just a lurker anyway :)

·
Super Moderator
19,477 Posts
rogger said:
For some reason I read "pimps and hoes" instead of "passion" in your post. :rolleyes: Am I going to hell now?
Yes you are. Not to worry. I'll be waiting there and will save a seat for you at the pinochle table. ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts