Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4,838 Posts
ganginwood said:
instead of covering the gavia and motirollo they once again decide to spend 2 hours of coverage on a time trial. what a disappointment.
It was fine for me. it was what i wanted to see. I already saw the other stages.

seeing the itt on vs was the only way to see it(except for rai).
cycling.tv didn't have it.

· Registered
212 Posts
We're lucky to get any coverage of cycling on vs, look at the rest of their lineup, it's basically white trash tv

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,560 Posts
mohair_chair said:
How could it be a disappointment? It was expected. They do the same crap every year.
Um yeah. +1. The only race they ever do a 1/2 decent job covering is Le TdF-out of all the races all year....because there are IMPORTANT things to cover like bull riding, bass fishing etc etc.

· Registered
780 Posts
Who knew

Americans liked to watch hours and hours of ultimate fighting, cage fighting etc? It seems like Vs. evening lineup is nothing but ultimate fighting. Even bullriding seems to have taken a backseat.

· Administrator
13,170 Posts
CoffeeBean2 said:
Americans liked to watch hours and hours of ultimate fighting, cage fighting etc? It seems like Vs. evening lineup is nothing but ultimate fighting. Even bullriding seems to have taken a backseat.
Its this year's Poker craze.

:rolleyes:

· Registered
4,838 Posts
CoffeeBean2 said:

Don't cry when VS. cuts the TdF down from 16x7 to 2x7.

· Registered
1,611 Posts
I saw all of the Mortirolo on Cycling.tv -- after spending 10 minutes to log on. They didn't show the Gavia but no big deal, it was mostly gruppo compatto up the Gavia.

My problem with cycling.tv is not their substantive coverage but their technical set-up -- it either takes too much time to log on or you get a "system error" and can't log on at all.

· Batteries not required
1,118 Posts
I'm not complaining....

I'm just glad I can see it on ANY TV channel. Before OLN (now VS), I never saw bike racing on TV.

· Darling of The Lounge
5,353 Posts
Amen!

BunnV said:
I'm just glad I can see it on ANY TV channel. Before OLN (now VS), I never saw bike racing on TV.
Few remember when the entire Tour de France coverage we saw in the states was relegated to a single 20 minute piece on CBS sports Sunday.

Even that was little more of a French sightseeing tour rather than in-depth coverage of the event :mad2:

· Batteries not required
1,118 Posts
Retro Grouch said:
Few remember when the entire Tour de France coverage we saw in the states was relegated to a single 20 minute piece on CBS sports Sunday.

Even that was little more of a French sightseeing tour rather than in-depth coverage of the event :mad2:
I'm 46 years old and I don't remember that at all! Speaking for myself as a recreational rider and casual fan, the coverage on VS is great! I guess hardcore racers that know more about the sport can be more critical. I do agree that the coverage of the TDF is better than the other stage races.

· aka Zoo
763 Posts
bas said:
It was fine for me. it was what i wanted to see. I already saw the other stages.

seeing the itt on vs was the only way to see it(except for rai).
cycling.tv didn't have it.
same here, the ITT was all I wanted to see since everything else I saw on cycling.tv. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish Versus wouldn't have a commercial every 2 minutes though, talk about extremely annoying.

G

·
Hey, I'm just happy Versus does Cyclism Sunday's + the TdF. I'd love full coverage of the Giro and the Vuelta, but beggers can't be choosy.

· Registered
81 Posts
There's certainly room for improvement...

I watched a fair bit of the Giro online when I could and thought it was a great race. I also watched VS coverage on Sundays as I have with most of their Cyclism Sundays this year. I didn't watch the ITT because I'd already seen it online in the morning and knew who won. I'm generally not too into watching time trials.

Anyway, I think they've done a pretty good job covering some of the races this year like Ronde and Paris-Roubaix (too bad it was delayed so long). I caught some of the TdF last year for the first time in several years and thought the coverage was pretty good. But when you're only covering 3 stages of a 21 stage race like the Giro... :(

There's nothing wrong with wanting better coverage from them, I know I do, but I'm happy they're covering cycling at all. I'm considering writing someone at the network a letter thanking them but also asking them to consider improving/expanding their coverage, particularly for stuff like the Giro and TdG. IMHO, there's plenty of room for "improvement" within their programming... as long as they don't drop their NHL coverage, the only other thing I watch the station for. :D

· Registered
2,274 Posts
Hey, here's something we all seem to have forgotten...Why do we, the consumers of the TV product, get all those commercials? More commercial time than actual 'show'. Don't we already pay to watch, and then we have to watch advertising to 'pay' again? I recall "subscription TV" was supposed to eliminate the commercials that Network TV used to pay their cost of broadcasting..or something.

I, too, found the final Cyclisim Sunday on VS dissapointing..Almost laughable, the mistakes being made by the commentators and a TT is not that exciting to watch, but..it is what we have, I guess...

Don Hanson

· Registered
509 Posts
I hate to complain about cycling coverage but limiting themselves to whatever is playing that sunday is irksome because we have had tt and flat stages at several races this year which are not interesting to watch. There was a week of exciting stages and finishes which should have received at least half the time. I dont really care about the mistakes of the commentators. Sometimes I wish they wouldnt talk so much though. They seem to try to fill the time with repeating the same things over and over.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.