Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Not in HD in the states..

It's being recored and broadcasted in Europe in HD. Versus is gettign the HD feed, byt sending us a SD feed. But it's better than it EVER was especialy on DirecTv. Its looks close to HD on my plasma.

Maybe the 2009 TDF will be in HD on VS or 2010 for sure.

Its on VS AND VS/GOLF HD

·
Administrator
13,151 Posts
While its only digital, not HD, the signal looks much better and blows up to full screen much better then the analog version.

Blue Ray HD Tour DVDs? Yes please!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
HELP ME! We got new HD TVs yesterday (thank you Uncle Sam for letting me have some of my taxes back) and the guy from DirecTV came to install new HD receivers. The tour was on 2 channels, 603 and 604 which was HD. 603 looks much worse than it did on my old rear projection TV. 604 looks great.

So I go to set up my TiVo for the rest of the tour, and when I use "Cycling" as a search term, it pulled up the tour on 604 today...but no more, ever. It pulled up the tour on 603 Friday, but not at all over the weekend. Next week, it only shows one showing per day on 603. What the heck is wrong? Is your's doing that? Do you have any idea what I'm talking about?

Thanks

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
litespeedchick said:
HELP ME! We got new HD TVs yesterday (thank you Uncle Sam for letting me have some of my taxes back) and the guy from DirecTV came to install new HD receivers. The tour was on 2 channels, 603 and 604 which was HD. 603 looks much worse than it did on my old rear projection TV. 604 looks great.

So I go to set up my TiVo for the rest of the tour, and when I use "Cycling" as a search term, it pulled up the tour on 604 today...but no more, ever. It pulled up the tour on 603 Friday, but not at all over the weekend. Next week, it only shows one showing per day on 603. What the heck is wrong? Is your's doing that? Do you have any idea what I'm talking about?

Thanks
To me it looks like that on DirecTV the feed from the air is SD but the studio shots are 4:3 HD. Phil & Paul are very sharp while the pictures from the race are better than on 603 but not quite as good as the commentators.

I can record in HD. Just watch it on 604, the HD channel. Then hit the record button. Hit the button again until the icon shows multiple circles. It's setup to record the series. You can then go to the record menu to setup the rest of the options for that recording. My recordings are the better quality.

·
Registered
838 Posts
thank you, but let me clarify my question. I figured out how to "record the series", but then when I go to "episodes" to see what's about to record, there's nothing there after this morning. Does that make sense? And when I do a search for upcoming programs, it doesn't show all the airings I know will play. is it just me? our old TiVo was 3-4 years old, lots of stuff has changed.

·
Registered
889 Posts
if you use "divo", directv's dvr then use just hit the R twice while watching on 604 and it records the series from the VS hd channel.
The picture looks HD to me, its just in old 4:3 format which sucks but the images are sweet.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
VaughnA said:
To me it looks like that on DirecTV the feed from the air is SD but the studio shots are 4:3 HD. Phil & Paul are very sharp while the pictures from the race are better than on 603 but not quite as good as the commentators.
NOTHING is in HD. There is NO 4:3 HD. They are reciving a HD feed from Frech Television and formating for 4:3 HD. The studio stuff is 4:3 HD. But broadcasting on the HD channle allows a better signal/picture.

VS is beign broadcast as a 480p signal. VS HD is a 1080i broadcast. Again the HD signal is being cropped/formated to fit. But it is bascailly a HD picture that's croped as its a higher bandwidth signal.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
litespeedchick said:

Thanks
Tape 604 with DirecTv. Then use a feature on your TV that will Zoom, Fill or Just the picture. ON my Panny Plasma I use H-Fill and it's hard to tell if it's a true 16:9 HD picture! :D

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
VaughnA said:
To me it looks like that on DirecTV the feed from the air is SD.
No, the feed is a 1080i feed. But it's downgraded to 480p on 603. On DirectTv is horrible on 42" or larger TV. Cable is a bit better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.