Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Vuelta Italy XPR III , AIRLINE 6" Does anybody know anything about these wheels? If so what can you tell me about them. Are they durable or even worth buying. I need a set of less expensive training wheels. Have any sugestions, under 350 us dollars if possible.

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
Alternatives

S8nt3 said:
"Vuelta Italy XPR III , AIRLINE 6" Does anybody know anything about these wheels? If so what can you tell me about them. Are they durable or even worth buying. I need a set of less expensive training wheels. Have any sugestions, under 350 us dollars if possible.
How about a build based on Chorus ($335 at Colorado Cyclist) or Dura Ace ($370). Unless you have some concrete data that these wheels you're considering are superior to these alternatives, IMO you'd be better off with "conventional" wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have these. They are heavier than conventional but extremely strong. I have no fear of collapse with them. The bladed spokes inhibit top speed performance. With a strong cross wind you can feel the bike being manipulated by the spokes. A strong head wind you can hear/feel them cut wind. But these are very strong rims n if you’re riding on rough roads n place with bumps. These will provide you with confidence

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
I have these. They are heavier than conventional but extremely strong. I have no fear of collapse with them. The bladed spokes inhibit top speed performance. With a strong cross wind you can feel the bike being manipulated by the spokes. A strong head wind you can hear/feel them cut wind. But these are very strong rims n if you’re riding on rough roads n place with bumps. These will provide you with confidence
Did you happen to notice that this thread is over 16 years old and no one has seen the need to reply to the OP in that time? The OP hasn't even posted on the forum since December '07.
And no...bladed spokes do NOT inhibit 'top speed performance'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts