Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i know it is being broadcast on universal sports. If you can find that you can get the vuelta. The prologue is "live", but in the afternoon. All other stages are live in the morning.

You should also be able to catch video on universalsporys.com

actually, I'm surprised their shill hasn't shown up yet. coolio musta scared him good.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
No.
Or at least, not likely.
As Welteyed said, it's on Universal Sports and I was not able to get that w/ DTV- that's one reason I switched to FiOS.
Sure, the resolution quality is sh1t, and Go-Go and Schlanger or whatever his name is are annoying- but Universal carries LOTS of bicycle racing!

Two friends I know, with DirecTV, were able to get their local Universal channel using old-fashioned "rabbit ear" antennas.

·
prosciutto corsa
364 Posts
USports online charges $14.95 to watch.

I'm watching the Stage 1 TTT right now, but I have cable.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
albert owen said:
TTT at night under floodlights - Genius! Absolutely wonderful!
That was cool to see.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have DTV and no U-sports on it. luckily I get U-Sports on my Antenna.
Night time TT was really really cool. I ride after work in the dark so it is even cooler!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
DirecTV carried Universal Sports last August and for part of September during their pissing match with Versus. They turned Universal off sometime in September, 2009 and never brought it back. It would be nice if they did. Universal has lots of great cycling, triathlon, and running coverage. Even paying a bit more for it would be worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get Universal Sports with an antenna also. It's great getting all this sports coverage without a nasty cable bill. The Vuelta coverage was good enough to keep me happy.

I cut my Comcast cable back to limited basic for around $17/mo so I don't get Versus, but I'm not feeding the ravenous Comcast money monster so much anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts