Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen these wheelsets online on ebay and in may online stores. they are cheap and very light.

like this for example NEW Vuelta PRO ROAD BIKE WHEELSET 700C 1684grams

what do people think of these wheelests? Are they too good to be true?

I am looking for a low price lightweight wheel, I don't ride hard or do skids or tricks, just commute to work and want a light bike. If I used a singlespeed adapter for the hub, would it be alright?

· duh...
9,749 Posts
msrp is grossly inflated... and not even an alu freehub body. you're thinking ss not fixed, right? you could get a flip-flop wheelset w/ ss freewheel for cheaper

· Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, that's right, I just want a light cheap wheelset. Is the msrp really inflated?
i guess no one here has a set, be nice to know if they are as light as they suggest and they are reliable.

Sounds a bit dodgy though, if I want cheap and light, maybe I am best off buying a used set of well known wheels.

· Registered
175 Posts
I have a set on my MTB and they're fine. The weight also came in ~15grams over claimed so that was good. But the MSRP is highly inflated. Sort of like Motobecane or anything else like that, where the bikes are decent, but worth nowhere near what they claim MSRP is.

the_don said:
yeah, that's right, I just want a light cheap wheelset. Is the msrp really inflated?
i guess no one here has a set, be nice to know if they are as light as they suggest and they are reliable.

Sounds a bit dodgy though, if I want cheap and light, maybe I am best off buying a used set of well known wheels.

· Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah, I never noticed the msrp, that looks like BS to me too.

But for 200 bucks, it seems like a lightweight wheel, probably same or similar quality to the alexrims on my bike now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.