Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vuelta xrp lightweight cassette and a "matching" xrp 10 sp hollowpin chain- both brand new- I'm just waiting to slap em on my bike- the cassette is shimano 10- 11-27 and weighs only 115g w/ the lockring.

Has anyone used one of these before? How long did it last? How well did it function? I'm using a shimano d/a 12/27 now and that thing weighs over 200g, so the weight savings will be pretty significant.

any info is appreciated!

thanks

· Registered
51 Posts
Where did you buy the cassette and how much did it cost? I am looking for a lighter alternative to my DA 12-27 cassette. Do they make a 9spd versoins? Thanks.

· Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bikeuphill9 said:
Where did you buy the cassette and how much did it cost? I am looking for a lighter alternative to my DA 12-27 cassette. Do they make a 9spd versoins? Thanks.

I got it on ebay, but I think vuelta stopped making that one so it was a closeout. There are others who still make 9speed versions, although not as light as that one. kcnc, token, irc, extralite, possibly tune.

just check the longevity each manufacturer posts- also keep an eye out on ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.