Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Gardner Mass this weekend, and would like to do a ride that includes a climb up Wachusett on Sunday morning. I'm thinking of putting together a 50-60 mile route based on NBW maps 123 and 58. Can anyone vouch for (or against) those routes, or have any other recommendations about the area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
w.e.dane said:
I will be in Gardner Mass this weekend, and would like to do a ride that includes a climb up Wachusett on Sunday morning. I'm thinking of putting together a 50-60 mile route based on NBW maps 123 and 58. Can anyone vouch for (or against) those routes, or have any other recommendations about the area?

Thanks!
The Charles River Wheelmen Climb to the Clouds was just last Sunday. The 60 miler leaves from Nashoba Regional HS in Bolton and includes Wachusetts. The street markings are excellent, gold arrow. The ride starts on the road that is perpendicular to 117 across from the parking lot. No planning necessary, it's already done for you.

http://www.crw.org/CTTC/climb2clouds.htm

b21

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Update: I rode the 60 mile ride described in my post above again this weekend. It really is a delightful ride, lots of rollers and of course the climb to the top of Wachusett. The roads are excellent, the best I have ridden in MA, and the CRW know how to map out a route-the markings are excellent. There are several places to get food and drink along the way without going off route. I have read that the climbing is 5500 feet on the 100 mile ride (which starts in Concord MA), but it sure feels like the 60 has that much to me. We stopped at the police station to let them know that we were parking at the school-the station is five minutes east of the school on 117.

b21

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.