Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a question about the new Wahoo Kickr. The Kickr comes with an 11-speed cassette however my bike is running 10 speed. From what I understand, I need to purchase a 10-speed cassette to install on the Kickr. I was told I would also need a spacer. Can anyone tell me what this spacer is and how to install it. Also could you post a link to the spacer. When I google it, I'm not sure what spacer I would need.

THANKS

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi, I have a question about the new Wahoo Kickr. The Kickr comes with an 11-speed cassette however my bike is running 10 speed. From what I understand, I need to purchase a 10-speed cassette to install on the Kickr. I was told I would also need a spacer. Can anyone tell me what this spacer is and how to install it. Also could you post a link to the spacer. When I google it, I'm not sure what spacer I would need.

THANKS
The kickr comes with a 1.8 mm spacer for shimano/sram 10 speed cassettes it is in the bag with the disc brake guard.

take off the 11 speed, using a chain whip and cassette lock ring removal tool.

put the 1.8mm ring spacer on the freehub body and then your 10 speed cassette.

using the chain whip and cassette removal tool tighten it back down to 40n-m.

you may need to slightly adjust barrel adjuster for fine tunning.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nobody tell Shimano, but I've used a 10 speed cassette with an 11 speed chain and drivetrain and done the reverse on a smart trainer. Probably not ideal for a longterm solution, but in a system where you hardly ever have to shift, if at all...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts