Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We managed to get a nice 30 mile dry ride this morning. Alas, we also got in 15 wet miles...

That only killed a few hours so we decided to walk over to Roosevelt Island.

First you have to cross the Key Bridge over to Virginia. Yea, I know the island is part of the District but you can't get there from the District (that is DC for you).

Cross a foot bridge from the Mount Vernon Trail and you are in a wilderness-well except for the fountains and the Statue. Now from a ways off Teddy looks a little stiff and boring. Walk right up to him and all of a sudden his energy and style come alive.

Then we took a dirt path down to the Potomac for a really different view of Georgetown.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Then we took the trestle across the tidal swamp. On a wet day like today you really wish that the walkway had hand rails the whole way (they put some ropes around the benches like you are going to fall off a bench into the swamp but not like you are going to slip while walking on the moss covered trestle (like I said, DC owns the island)).

Then instead of staying on the main path we cut under the Roosevelt bridge (my usual commute route home) for some fine art viewing before heading back to city life.

Not a bad way to spend a wet winter afternoon.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Good stuff? Is that Ms M, where is her fanny pack?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea what you are talking about....

:D
HokieRider said:
Is it just me or does that "fine art" say MB & MM? Coincidence...I think not
Actually I really didn't notice that (I was looking at the colors not the letters) until I posted the shot-it really does jump out once you see it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
HokieRider said:
Is it just me or does that "fine art" say MB & MM? Coincidence...I think not

Close... if you look at the green artwork to the right of that, it looks more like MR MM. Probably a new take on the same "tag."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts