Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Advice ; I currently own a pair of SIDI LORICA 5's, has anyone ever tried to attach walking soles to the shoe? Great shoes no complaints, problem is I broke both elbows not being able to exit LOOK pedals. (My fault I'm not very nimble). I was just thinking maybe gluing or somehow attaching a rubber sole from a tennis shoe smooth of course. Sure seems that they would be a lot easier to walk in, just don't know if there is a glue that would bond with the rubber tennis shoe sole and the SIDI sole? Any ideas would be helpful . THANKS 8 BALL

· So. Calif.
2,861 Posts
you might be better off just getting mountain bike shoes & pedals ... generally easy to do moderate amounts of walking .

Sorry about both elbows .. bummer. Are you suggesting easier walking shoes may somehow have prevented the Look clip-out accident :confused:

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey you might have something Weasel, as to the Time pedals I'm totally paranoid with clipin pedals. Currently using old Campy Road Pedals with Power Grips and Shimano MTB shoes. Not near as comfortable as the SIDIS 8 BALL

· Registered
3,431 Posts
8 BALL said:
Hey you might have something Weasel, as to the Time pedals I'm totally paranoid with clipin pedals. Currently using old Campy Road Pedals with Power Grips and Shimano MTB shoes. Not near as comfortable as the SIDIS 8 BALL
I'm not understanding your comments, but like your idea.

Was it the clip-in pedals that caused the problem, or the fact that the soles were not walkable? You asked for advice on walkable shoes, but then seem to imply it wasn't the shoes, but the pedals that were the problem.

You say you have MTB shoes, which are walkable, so why are you asking for advice on walkable shoes? Is it that the Shimano shoes are uncomfortable compared to your Sidis? If that's the case, why not just shop for and buy a comfortable pair of MTB shoes? Surely your current Shimanos aren't the only option. Sidi makes some nice MTB shoes as do many other quality brands. Is it that you want to be able to use the Sidis and not have to spend money on another good, expensive pair of shoes?

Your question about gluing - is this so you could use your Sidi shoes with the powergrip setup, but walk in them better? Or would you intend to use them with clipless pedals?

If you're willing to experiment, I kind of like your idea of gluing a perimeter of pieces of sneaker sole onto a road shoe. My guess (fairly informed guess) is that any glue that is good on plastic and rubber would work great. In fact, I'd bet that a silicone based glue would work great and be weather resistant and last forever. You might rough up the Sidi sole first.

I'd bet you could glue a strip just around the perimeter of the shoe, leaving room for the three-hole cleat and still be more walkable. Very interesting idea.

Shimano makes a walkable road shoe, compatable with a three-hole cleat - something like what I think you're intending to make.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Camilo; Shoe pedal combination was the problem was not able to unclip fell broke elbow not once but TWICE!! Like I said not comfortable with clipless system. Still own SIDI shoes they are not much good without clipin system would like to attach rubber soles to shoes so I can use conventional pedals and maybe POWERGRIPS. Thought rubber soles would make it easier to walk in. 8 BALL

· Registered
3,431 Posts
8 BALL said:
Sorry Camilo; Shoe pedal combination was the problem was not able to unclip fell broke elbow not once but TWICE!! Like I said not comfortable with clipless system. Still own SIDI shoes they are not much good without clipin system would like to attach rubber soles to shoes so I can use conventional pedals and maybe POWERGRIPS. Thought rubber soles would make it easier to walk in. 8 BALL
Ah OK. Good luck with your experiment. I think it's worth a try. Plus if it doesn't work, you can undoubtedly rip off the stuff you glued on and remove any residue with heat and/or solvent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.