Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New here

Well this past saturday I was in my car when I saw a road race pass on by me. Took about 15min but during that time it got me thinking that I really would llike to try it out. I love cardio exercise such as this, but I have never had experience on road bikes such as this. I just need some advice on getting started and maybe bikes that I should begin to look at if I did decide to start.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Hi and welcome

You may want to start by providing more information.

Age/fitness, income, goals, where you live, ect.

If you provide this information, there are some great people here who can provide some good advise, based on your circumstances.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Turn back before it's too late.
You don't realize how much pain and suffering is involved. Let me put it this way.....What you now think is agony, will seem like minor discomfort if and when you ever become a "racer-boy".
On the other hand, if you're the type of person who laughs off pain and broken bones. If you're the type of person who enjoys suffering like a dog, who finds it interesting to be in such pain that you see visions of dead relatives, then you just might be "racer-boy" material.
Ps.....I'm not kiddin'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All right Im 18, and consider myself in fit condition run just about everyday, and lift 4 days a week. As far as price of a bike I dont want to be spending a load of money, but then again I know what some of these bikes run. I'm from Massachusetts so riding would come to a stop during the winter.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Somebody's name is well earned I see...

I don't think the original poster wanted to be a full on racer but just get into the sport of road cycling. The first thing you need to do as KendleFox hinted at is to decide what your budget is for a bike and what you want to do on the bike as that will govern what people recommend to you.

Then I would find a few Local Bike Shops (LBS) in your area and just talk to them about what you want, test ride a few bikes at each and just judge how comfortable you are with how the stores are treating you, when you are just starting out you want a LBS you can rely on for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.