Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in one. Do they ever show up on ebay? Right now there are none and none in completed items. Does anyone know any other places where one may be found? Has anyone every seen one turn up on ebay? Unfortunately I'm thinking they are out of my price range and one in good condition probably goes for >>$1K. So this is more of a curiosity posting.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Everything seems to show up on ebay sooner or later, and I have seen this vintage Leather saddles come up. They won't be cheap. 3 to 4 digits for a nice one. What do you want it for? I figure the guys that buy these "glass case" 'em or use them on museum bikes?

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my brother got a brooks flyer recently and he's all thinking he's more retro than me so I gotta one-up him in a big way.....he had some nice suntour indexed downtube shifters and he gutted them and tossed the indexing parts to make them friction only. simply setting them to friction mode wasn't good enough for him.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the brooks swallow was recreated by brooks last year and this year (I think). Be sure you're getting an original - if that's what you want.

I'm looking for one for a restoration as well. I might just go for a swift as I'm restoring the "spirit" of my 1940s racer rather than the original spec.

- Joel

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an old Brooks Swallow

I have one in my Box o' Brooks. It has never been used but it may be more from the 1960's

I will look at it and perhaps we could get a positive ID on it.

Matt

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
I'd check EBay UK, since I'm certain damn few were ever imported to the US back then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts