Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading the forums for some time now and appreciate all the knowledge and support from other members regarding newbies.

I'm on the heavier side 5'9" and 287 # when I took my first ride on 6/1/10 with a motobecane 29er SS that I picked up off CL. I was only able to do 1.5 miles. I changed my diet and decided to make a change in my lifestyle. I looked and a lot of different options and decided to purchase a Scott Speedster S50 and really enjoy it so far.

I'm currently at 261 # (My goal for the end of July is 260 or below which I'll easily acheive) and looking forward to grow my knowledge in the sport and continue to keep shedding #'s. I acheived one of my gaols last night which was to complete 10 miles, which I did at an average speed of 16mph.

I think the most exciting thing for me is freinds that now want to get into the sport and start riding with me.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
26 pounds off in 6 weeks? 10 miles at 16 mph?

Well done, sir; a phenomenal start.

Welcome to the best lifetime fitness sport. Don't be afraid to ask about anything here.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
Welcome to RBR - kudo's to you on your weight loss and great start into a great sport!! :thumbsup:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Welcome to RBR.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Picked up my first pair of bike shorts this afternoon and can't wait to go for a ride in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts