Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fellow NCD...er, Loungers,

A few weeks ago, I went ahead and purchased an '06 Altima. Less than a week later, a guy sent out an email through one of our riding lists in the area trying to sell some wheels he'd removed from his wife's Altima, for $550. Coincidentally, the wheels match the car's color. Perfectly.

The four tires are some Yokohama YK420s that are about 50% worn...well, three are. One is a brand new matching tire he purchased this morning because, apparently, one of the old ones had a slight cut in the sidewall. Dammit.

If I buy another new one so I can put the two good ones on front, I'll have to replace the rears sooner and there's no guarantee I'd be able to get some more of the Yokos. Plus, I'm not sure I'll like those tires anyway. So I'm thinking I'll just put the new tire on the back and drive on them until the three other tires are toast, then replace all four. I can choose what I want, and I'm not out any more money at the moment.

What do you all think? Good idea on the tires? Do they look hot? HABO.

Brian

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Dude, the white sidewalls look hideous. They make the smokey rims just look dirty.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I don't know, but the whitewall is super bad, unless you're a cholo as yarble has informed me.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Looks like some naked fat dude to me. I really like the color matching, btw.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I think it's a good deal. The wheels alone would likely cost you way more than $550.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mr. Versatile said:
I think it's a good deal. The wheels alone would likely cost you way more than $550.
Discount Tire Direct has them for $140 each, or $572 total. I don't think that includes the spacers to make them fit onto the hub, however. These will likely be my summer wheels/tires, so I should be able to keep the tires until at least 15k or so miles are on the car.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
eagleson520 said:
Hey Girchy, make sure your lug nut tool fits those rims. It sucks to have a flat and find you can't remove the wheel. :(
The guy has the adapter for them, which I'd just leave in the trunk. I think it fits into the socket end of the wrench for the stock wheels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts