Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a road bike off of craigslist a few weeks ago and I have been riding it. One thing I have decided on is that I definitely want to get rid of the bull horn aero bars and go to the normal drop bars.

When I got the bike, it was set up as a single speed. I geared it and added Shimano SL-BS7700 Dura-Ace bar-end shifters. You can see them in the pictures.

Ideally, I would like to sell the whole setup (maybe on ebay) or whatever. I would include the whole package - bars (Profile Design brand), aero bars (Syntace brand - not sure of size), brake levers (not sure of brand but they look low end - and possibly include the cables?) and the shifters (all included hardware and cable with cable housings (which have not been cut or modified). The bar tape was just installed and has less than 15 miles..

I'm in a position where I can't just buy the drop bars and brake/shift levers for the new setup and set what I have aside. I'm going to have to compensate somehow for the new purchase.

Anybody have any hints on what my best bet would be? Looking for a set of drop bars - can be anything really just as long as they are not ridiculously heavy, and a decent set of brake / shifter levers. I think this will suit me much better than what I have now. I am not a triathlete, and I don't intent on becoming one.

Thanks

·
Registered
908 Posts
I hope you got a screaming deal on that bike. You're altered it enough (with your plans plus what you already did) one has to wonder why bought that bike in the first place.

That's like buying a black on black car with a V6 just to turn around and paint it orange and throw a V8 in.

I don't have anything further to contribute, sorry.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did get a really good deal on it. I am trying to make it better suit me. It isn't perfect, but works just fine for what I will use it for..mainly just exercise. I've been riding mountain for years, and decided it was time to pick up a road bike instead of riding my MTBs on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.