Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a cold TT this sunday. forecast to be in the 40's. 9:45am start time. 12.4 mile out and back. I'm in descent shape, rode the course this weekend, and need suggestions for a good warm up as all previous TT's have been in warmer weather. I know the trainer and a down coat are probably required, but does anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
21,505 Posts
Cool down

I think the bigger issue is how fast you will cool down. Your problem will be keeping warm from the time you finish your warmup until you roll out. Think more about this part of the equation, like having some sort of quilt that you can wrap around for those few minutes you'll be standing around after your warmup.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
i really like that temp to race in. well, maybe just under 50 deg.
you don't overheat.

I'd do an hour on the trainer if you drive to it or if you ride to the race, do 1:20 total
because you need to get there earlier and will cool down at reg.
warmup in diffrent clothes. Be sure to have warm gloves and use wind covers on the feet. try to stay on the trainer until right before your start time. Stretch well, the cold can be dificult on chilled legs. Maybe try a warming balm for the legs. Thinking fast freddy or something like that.

if you can, ride some of the course for your warmup. this can help tell you more or less layers.

have tennis shoes at the start. Jog in place in the line to stay warmed up. You'll only be on the bike for 25 min or so, no time to warm up at the beginnin like a long TT.

If you don't have a disk wheel, verbaly make a 'woooosh' sound when passing other riders.
this way they know you are cool

1 - 3 of 3 Posts