Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is to warn others of a bogus buyer. I recently had a road bike posted for sell in the classifed section of this website. I got an email from a Mr Richard that said he was interested in the bike. To make a long story short I got a fake check in excess of what I ask for because he wanted me to send the excess to his "shipping company" via Western Union. If you are selling anything on here or on the MTBR website. Look out for Mr Richard. His email address is [email protected]. One thing to look for in his emails is he spells the word check different. He spells it CHEQUE. I found out that this is the classic Western Union scam. Luckily I deposited the check and my bank found out it was a fake before I did anything. Don't sell to this guy!!!

·
likes to eat donuts
893 Posts
classic Western Union scam

Sounds like the classic Western Union Nigerian scam. They keep trying because, unfortunately, someone occasionally falls for it.
And just to clarify, we in Canada spell it CHEQUE as well. It's one of the things that our version of English borrowed from the French. :cool:

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,679 Posts
piano said:
And just to clarify, we in Canada spell it CHEQUE as well. It's one of the things that our version of English borrowed from the French. :cool:
I was under the impression that most of the English speaking world other than the United States, spelled it that way.:confused: But then, my maternal grandfather, and my father were from Canada.:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.