·
Banned
476 Posts
several others

I think you can find this on sites
but many companies offer lifetime warranties on their frames
Motobecane does; I think Fuji does [at least the last one I purchased had it]

this is another area where e-mailing the company before buying is a good idea
i have started e-mailing companies to find out who uses frames from China just out of interest -- it is surprising how long some take to respond

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
Warranties

Most companies do offer some sort of warranty. However, they are full of small print and "circumstantial" issue points. if the bike flies off your car rack, you crash, you are attacked by Godzilla and us the bike as a weapon of self defense, warranty voided. The companies do offer crash replacements though. By offering you a new frame at a reduced cost through your local dealer. I guess I'd take that into consideration when shopping. Ask your LBS about the companies policies. They should know, or, if they don't have an answer, can get to a rep. who does know. CF is strong. There are different camps in the board community as to Steel vs. carbon vs. Alu. I can't inamgine a company having a product that craps out then doesn't work with the consumer to make them happy. It's just good business.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
Almost all manufacturers have a lifetime frame warranty, but one limited to defects in materials or workmanship. That is, you've got a warranty claim for a JRA (just riding along) frame failure. Well, those almost never happen.

I don't think there's a significant warranty difference between bike manufacturers.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
jtolleson said:
Almost all manufacturers have a lifetime frame warranty, but one limited to defects in materials or workmanship. That is, you've got a warranty claim for a JRA (just riding along) frame failure. Well, those almost never happen.

I don't think there's a significant warranty difference between bike manufacturers.
I always figured if something is gonna go wrong due to manufacturer defect you're gonna know about it in short order. It's not like you get a new bike after the one you've been riding for 20 years finally breaks. That's normal wear and tear. I had a Fisher Sugar break at a weld once after about 2 months of riding and they replaced the frame--haven't had a problem since. I also have a Colnago MXL that has the 3 year Colnago warranty but haven't had to use that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.