Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 2 sets of Continental Attack/Force ($58 per pair) and 1 set of Michelin ProRace from Probikekit.com. The ProRace came in the the standard tire box/collar, but the Continentals only came wrapped in a flimsy elastic band with a folded sheet of multi-lingual directions slipped underneath. Are the Contis the real deal of have I been had? I've been riding Vredestein for years and this is my first time getting Contis so don't know if this is normal packaging. I've purchased a few items form Probikekit.com in the past, but that was when they had a US customer support center...now they direct ship from Europe. I haven't contacted Probikekit.com yet...wanted to hear your thoughts first.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
You probably got the OEM version instead of the more expensive aftermarket ones. Quality is absolutely the same. The only difference is packaging.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
legit.

I got Conti 3000's from biketiresdirect.com packed the same way. They are legit. Probably cheaper to market without 3 sq. feet of cardboard to package them in.

·
Registered
652 Posts
delux said:
Just bought 2 sets of Continental Attack/Force ($58 per pair) and 1 set of Michelin ProRace from Probikekit.com. The ProRace came in the the standard tire box/collar, but the Continentals only came wrapped in a flimsy elastic band with a folded sheet of multi-lingual directions slipped underneath.
I was just thinking about what it would take to create a fake bicycle tire, and then thought about how absurd it would be to do that and *then* draft an instruction sheet with legalese translated into 12 different languages.

It would probably take more money than whatever you and 1,000 other potential suckers would pay. The simple OEM assertion is probably the most correct one - 'Ockham's Razor' seems appropriate in this case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts