Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, we all have shorts,bibs,socks, and jerserys etc but when it comes to washing them what do you guys use ? regular laundry soap or should I use something like woollite ? I been in my local lbs they have special soap for shorts etc, but one small bottle costs alot whar do you guys use

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I put my stuff in the wash on cold water, regular detergent, short (6 min) cycle, regular agitation. I usually dry on extra low or just hang it up if the dryer's in use. The only precaution I take is that I make sure the velcro on the gloves is totally fastened so it doesn't hook onto the other clothes. I would never consider owning anything that wouldn't stand up to normal washing as above. If it damages something (which it hasn't in 10+ years), oh well, I'd replace it with something else.

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
Regular detergent, cold water, gentle cycle, extra rinse cycle, hang to dry (no dryer, ever). Stuff seems to last forever that way, IME.

·
Registered
136 Posts
For jerseys zip the zipper all the way up and turn it inside out. This keeps the zipper from getting caught on other clothes or the jersey and ripping it. Turning it inside out keeps the graphics from fading.

I never dry my cycling gear (except for socks). Jerseys and shorts dry out so fast you don't need to put them in the dryer...they're usually dry after being hung up for about 30 minutes.

I just use normal detergent and wash my cycling clothes with shirts or other "soft" things...no jeans or towels.

Jared

·
I ride in circles..
4,990 Posts
I keep a pile of all my dirty cycling clothes in a spare tub upstairs.. When I run out I wash everything together in cold water.. normal cycle.. scentless detergent. I spin them out and hang dry in the tub on a rack I fabbed together from an old defenders lax stick. Simple enough.. I don't waste as much water as I used too and its fast.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Pretty much what the others said: cold water, delicate cycle, hang to air dry. My gloves are all synthetic so that get a regular washing too. The air drying is probably the most important, makes the lycra in bibs hold up much longer. No problem in getting everything clean using cold water / delicate cycle either.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Some of my stuff says "hand wash only", but after doing that a few times I started just putting it all in the washer, doing a cold-water cycle, and then hanging it up to dry (no dryer!). As someone above noted, this synthetic stuff dries very quickly and without wrinkles, so I don't think it will become a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.