Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Go to the party or watch a bike race?

• Go, then regret going coz the race was friggin awesome!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Watch the race foole!!!

• Erm, h&b?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bumped into my friend on my way home from a bike shop today and he called me soon after to ask if I was free to go along with him this evening (or night rather) around 9pm to his friend's 21st birthday party.

He'd like me along since he doesn't know anyone there at all save for the birthday dude and it should be fun if the both of us head there. We'd probably stay for about an hour plus before taking off.

Problem is, Milan San Remo is showing later tonight around 10pm or so.

Now, that race is once a year and LANCE is riding!! OMG!!! Ok well, not that but it's a crazy long race, full of good riders and would possibly serve as motivation for me to ride my bike tomorrow and make me htfu and ride a few hills over and over again just for that.

But, if I head to that party, I could meet some new people and that could be pretty cool, assuming the people there are of my friend's nature, give or take. And, some of these people could actually be girls too. Hmm :idea:

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I decided. Screw it, I'm watching the bike race.

Too hard to pass up on something as big as MSR.

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
You can't Tevo chickas.

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
So, how did you enjoy the race?

I just read the recap, well just the ending. I didn't know that Discovery was still a team.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
T-shirt said:
]I just read the recap, well just the ending. .[/COLOR]
How did you do that? the race isn't over yet:confused:

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jd3 said:
Alberto Contador won.

:D

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad I stayed to watch it alright.

What an awesome race. I won't spoil it. But man, if you haven't watched it etc, go watch it. The pace was frantic. Epic race.

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
jd3 said:

I think it's called search-engine-noobitude. I think I actually read about a past race without realizing it...unless Oscar Freire won this year?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
T-shirt said:

I think it's called search-engine-noobitude. I think I actually read about a past race without realizing it...unless Oscar Freire won this year?
Freire is still out injured from the ToC broken ribs incident as I found out yesterday or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.