Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to watch TDF same day race coverage online via Versus or some other provider?

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,538 Posts

· Registered
930 Posts
I bought the package. It's cheap when you break it down by stages. Cost of my snacks will be higher. Wont have any commercials and you'll be spared the dribble of Versus announcements from Phil. Direct login link should also be spoiler-proof, which is important to me since i'll be doing replays, no time to watch it live.

· Registered
857 Posts
moabbiker said:
I bought the package. It's cheap when you break it down by stages. Cost of my snacks will be higher. Wont have any commercials and you'll be spared the dribble of Versus announcements from Phil. Direct login link should also be spoiler-proof, which is important to me since i'll be doing replays, no time to watch it live.
Um...."drivel", but yes, when you break it down I suppose it ok. I'll just DVR it and fast forward the commercials.

· Registered
930 Posts
carbonLORD said:
Um...."drivel", but yes, when you break it down I suppose it ok. I'll just DVR it and fast forward the commercials.
Problem is you can end up missing a good chunk of the action with the live versus tv feed when they go to commercial, particularly climbing stages where one attack can make all the difference. The edited prime time version will be more solid in this regard, but then you have to put up with Bobke and Hummer or whoever is going to be the sidekick this year.

· ReviewBikeRoad Member
1,368 Posts
I'll probably wind up ordering this, because I work normal office hours and don't own a DVR, but what kind of makes me mad is I already pay for Comcast every month, but they won't put the full stages up on On Demand. Kind of frustrating...

· AKA Old Man
598 Posts
Is this a solid way of watching this? Bugs?

· Don't Tread on Me
994 Posts
Nothing yet.

I'm considering coughing up the $30 for the Versus Tour Tracker as I don't have a means of recording the stages, and I'm not sure I want to get up at 4/5am to watch it live.

Hopefully my DSL connection can handle the stream/download.

Anyone else care to share their experiences with the Versus Tour Tracker?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.