Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Does it come in a carbon, electronic shifting option? And how will Strava track KOW (King of Water Segments)?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
4,500 bucks for a pair of tubes and a couple of steel profiles cobbled together by some hobby welder, plus a couple of parts taken off of a Walmart bike? Yeah, I gotta get me one of those... :rolleyes:

·
mrwirey
195 Posts
Been there (in Tampa), Done that (rented it, rode it, had a blast).
Very respectfully, Tim

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
What's up with the upside-down drop bars? The Freds are already making their mark.
Those are bullhorns, not upside-down drop bars. Quite common on single-speeds, and seem to me quite practical for this craft.

pittcanna, I was skeptical when I opened your post, but it actually does look like fun.

·
Registered
314 Posts
UW(ater)CI had better outlaw disk brakes. Those sharp rotors will kill off the manatee. OTOH, this could revolutionize gator hunting and bass fishing.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I like it a lot! If you wind up in the water it doesn't look easy to get back on... Headwinds could be crushing. Over priced. But I like it. I could get a ton of use around me. I wonder how well it would do in swells in the ocean? I could do the coolest triathlons ever, ride m y road bike to the beach, ride my fatty on the beach and ride my water bike in the ocean.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Shouldn't it have gears to help deal with the wind? Your on the water, the wind will have no buffer and this sits high... If you could lower the profile and put drop bars to decrease resistance? I'd have to try it, but I could see days where you are literally stopped dead by the wind. Anyone deal with serious wind with one of these? I love the idea... I wonder what kind of speed you can do?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.