Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Seats too low.

I don't think I'd want to ride that bike. Hit a bump and the bottle could come flying out of the cage and land under the rear wheel.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Somewhere, someone thinks they built a better mouse trap... ouch.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
how is easy, the question is why?

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
It's a James Bond bike equipped with auto-eject bottle launchers.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
exactly the kind of jury-rig one would expect from someone who's rocking a slammed seat and splash tape...

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I think you guys are being kinda harsh.

The bike only has one pair of bottle mounting bolts and the owner clearly wants more water carrying capacity. The bottles are in no more danger of ejecting due to a bump than a traditionally mounted bottle is prone to ejecting while hitting your brakes.

Maybe if this were a mountain bike being ridden on rough trails there would be a cause for concern. But even then, you can easily adjust cages to hold bottles more tightly.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

The bike only has one pair of bottle mounting bolts and the owner clearly wants more water carrying capacity. The bottles are in no more danger of ejecting due to a bump than a traditionally mounted bottle is prone to ejecting while hitting your brakes.

Maybe if this were a mountain bike being ridden on rough trails there would be a cause for concern. But even then, you can easily adjust cages to hold bottles more tightly.
Look at the size of the frame and the location of the bottom water bottle holder. One would need gorilla arms to reach it. Also, did you ever hear of forces in motion?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Look at the size of the frame and the location of the bottom water bottle holder. One would need gorilla arms to reach it. Also, did you ever hear of forces in motion?
If you're riding that size frame, you likely DO have gorilla arms.

Forces in motion? Yeah, I think I remember that from the 2 years of college physics I took and the f*** ton of engineers that I work with. My guess is that a true vector analysis would show that the forward motion of the bike/bottles under normal use would be plenty enough to cancel out the small backward vector presented by a bump in the road.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Seats too low.

I don't think I'd want to ride that bike. Hit a bump and the bottle could come flying out of the cage and land under the rear wheel.
Seats just fine, the frame is way too big lol. The guy has to be at least a little taller than me,

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Seats just fine, the frame is way too big lol. The guy has to be at least a little taller than me,
Nah, we can just put some blocks on the pedals like we used to do eons ago and it will fit perfect.

·
Custom Title= ?
785 Posts
There’s a pump mount bracket on the seat tube.
Somebody wanted a pump and two bottles on the frame so this was the most inelegant solution to a legitimate problem.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts

Someone ALWAYS comes along to kill the snark party. ;-)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Nah, we can just put some blocks on the pedals like we used to do eons ago and it will fit perfect.
ooooh, the red ones with the black rubber tread on them?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.