Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still getting drips of water after days and weeks of upside down, side to side all around bike hanging with stem and post off, water bottle screws out and everything else I can think of.

What else can I do?

Where the h-ll does so much water come from and where does it get into? I rode in a light rain for a few minutes, I can't believe how much got into the frame... thank god its Ti.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
"thank god its Ti."

Water in a frame often means death to bottom bracket bearings.
Most bikes have a little screw holding on the plastic cable guide underneath the bottom bracket shell. If you remove that screw, water can drain out of the area.

· Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll try removing the screw and see... I really can't believe so mach water could get into the frame in the 1st place (from where?) and that it would take so long to get out...

Possible entry points:

seatpost clamp area
headset top and bottom
tiny hole at bottom of bracket in between chainstays
cranks???
where else?

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I rode a century in a downpour...the WHOLE way. I was surprised to find that water was leaking out of the tires/rims for a very long time. I changed tires a couple of weeks later & they were still wet on the inside. Deep V rims with Michelin tires, if you're interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.