Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My race bike doesn't have any cage holes and I'm looking to ride it this summer off road etc. I need some waterbottle cages on it. I've tried garden hose gear clamps (heavy) zip ties (not robust enough - slippage) and the Profile seatpost cage thingy (ejects bottle regularly). Nashbar has a Vittoria plastic strap thing for $5 that looks weak.
A few years ago there was a post here about this & someone had a very good looking clamping mechanism that I can't find on the net.
Does anyone have a suggestion? Tks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
water bottle

Off road, use a camlebac it will keep your hands free to dodge trees. They make some nice small ones that wont stick out too much on your sides. Or you can get a seat mounted holder like in triathalon bikes, just don't know how much it will hold on to the bottles over the bumps. Google saddle mounted cages.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Are the garden hose clamps so heavy that you are technically impaired by the weight? I would doubt it's enough weight to slow you down measurably.

Off course, those steel collars must look like crap, but they hold real good, don't they?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Err yeah...

...that's what I meant to say - the hose clamps look like crap, not that they weigh so much. One less frites & I've got the weight thing handled.

Tried the triathlon seat cage - ejects bottles. Is there anything good about triathlon?

I'll have a look-see at the Cyclocrossworld solution, but was trying to go cheap as I've got lots of cages & don't need a $20 x 2 solution. But I'll have a look.

Thanks.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
Minoura makes some nice W/B Brackets for Bars and behind Seat.
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.