Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About this time every year when the heat is just as nasty as nasty can be Miss M and her sister like to get together for a little summer fun. The last couple of years it was Hershey Park (and all those water rides).

This year they opted for something a little less modern.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We were at Harpers Ferry where the Shenandoah and Potomac rivers join. After a morning in the water we spent part of the afternoon walking around town before Miss M and I decided to take a little stroll.

On the Appalachian Trail.

We somehow managed to find the road in time to get over to Shepherdstown for dinner.

A nice break from the usual.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
I've been wanting to tube that area since I first noticed it on my C&O trip. The tubing looks like great fun. How long were you on the water?
Nice "stroll" you two took. What was for dinner?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zeytin said:
I've been wanting to tube that area since I first noticed it on my C&O trip. The tubing looks like great fun. How long were you on the water?
Nice "stroll" you two took. What was for dinner?
We took the calm water trip since my nephew isn't 10. We were on the water for about 3 hours. If you take the fast water option (the river was so low you couldn't really call it white water) they will shuttle you back and forth all day long.

Miss M started with the pate, I had the onion soup "moroccan style". She followed with the grilled shrimp and a nice dinner salad, I had the stuffed avacado (stuffed with shrimp and crab) and fruit plate.

Afterwards we split a linzer torte.

I get hungry again just thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No fear.

treebound said:
Menus without prices scare me......
The prices are the single digits below the descriptions. The whole dinner plus a couple of really good beers cost about the same as a tank of gas. Given a choice I would rather dine than drive.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Next time you are in the mood for a hike, head a little farther to Berryville, and hike up the Appalachian trail to Bears Den - absolutely great view of the entire Shen. Valley and if you take the bikes, some great riding by Mt. Weather etc...through the mountains.

PM me if you would like more info if you haven't been there - but I suspect you have with your travels....

Zach

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Qstick333 said:
Next time you are in the mood for a hike, head a little farther to Berryville, and hike up the Appalachian trail to Bears Den - absolutely great view of the entire Shen. Valley and if you take the bikes, some great riding by Mt. Weather etc...through the mountains.

PM me if you would like more info if you haven't been there - but I suspect you have with your travels....

Zach
Likely our next big trail adventure will be to do the MD segment in one day........

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I would have had to go for the first entry on the Menu. I love!! German food and there isn't enough of it around here. Best place is on Highway 50 west of Tahoe. Yummmy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts