Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Half way through the 2nd in Raleigh, North Carolina.

3 - 1 for Les C's.

I think it's funny that the arena in Raleigh is the RBC Center, I wonder how many of the folks at the arena know that RBC is Banque Royale du Canada?

Not only that - they spelt Centre wrong!

·
Soul Mining
382 Posts
And what do we have in Vancouver? GM Place. Wooooo. And then the pox of all poxes, in Victoria we have our much-maligned Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre. The what? Yeah, it's just too long to remember.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
toomanybikes said:
Half way through the 2nd in Raleigh, North Carolina.

3 - 1 for Les C's.

I think it's funny that the arena in Raleigh is the RBC Center, I wonder how many of the folks at the arena know that RBC is Banque Royale du Canada?

Not only that - they spelt Centre wrong!
Wow, the Habs won 6-1 last night. Mind you, though, Gerber didn't play great in allowing 6 goals on 21 shots. Huet was the star again making 43 saves. The real hockey season has begun.
Cheers, Wayne
ps. I kind of miss the Montreal Forum name. The Bell Centre name is ok, but lacks character.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wayne,

They keep that up and people are going to start mistaking them for real hockey players!! :) :)

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Wow, wow, wow! There is no better feeling than listening to an exciting hockey game over the Internet, just like when I was kid listening to hockey games on a little battery powered radio in my bed, and the home team wins. Yes, it's late here - 4.47 in the morning and the Montreal Canadiens have just beaten the Carolina Hurricanes 6-5 in OT. Sorry Charles, I know you're Canes fan, but man, what a great feeling.
Yahoo! Now, the Habs head back to Montreal leading 2-0 in the series :)
Good morning everyone.
Cheers, Wayne

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Poor Canes. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cam Ward played a great game and should have had the win.

Great goalie but very young to be in that position, the future is bright for him.

He was a wall with Red Deer.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
So, what do you think Jim, do the Canes come back with Gerber or go with Ward in goal? Gerber has not played well since the series began. Huet, however, has been amazing.
ps. Paint, don't worry, I'll convert you to a Habs fan soon enough.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gotta play Ward.

I hated him when he in Red Deer because it was so hard for our guys to beat him, when he played World's he was a hero.

He's young and it's a tough spot for him but He has stood tall for two games and I think they have to give him the chance, I really think in the game tonight his defence left him hanging out to dry.

Kept them in it until 2nd OT and made some unreal saves. He is the real goods.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Who do like in the other seven series? I like Detroit, Calgary, San Jose and Dallas in the west. Montreal, New Jersey (NY with Jagr), Ottawa and Buffalo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts